Affects Version/s: 3.6.0
Fix Version/s: None
Sorry, but the P2 Virtual Repository stuff does not work at all.
We use Artifactory Pro Power Pack 3.6.0, not having direct internet access, but an anonymous proxy configured as Artifactory default.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a virtual repository named "p2-kepler-test".
2. Enable P2 on the P2 tab, and add this URL as remote URL:
3. Let Artifactory generate the "ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de" remote repository (renaming does not work anyway, see RTFACT-7525).
4. Create a dummy Maven project using Tycho pointing at this virtual repository.
5. Execute "mvn validate" for this project.
Outcome: Maven / Tycho will fail with this error message:
Caused by: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No repository found at https://artifactory-test.XXXXX.int/artifactory/p2-virtual-test/ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/Mirrors/eclipse/releases/kepler/201402280900.
You can manually trigger to cache the "content.jar" by opening
in a browser. But then, "mvn validate" will fail with the next repository.
After three times, there is a completely strange URL left, which points at another repository not even configured to be used by the virtual repository. This seems to be caused by /technology/epp/packages/kepler, referenced in Eclipse's compositeContent.xml (a relative URL back to the top, not a subdirectory).
At the current stage, the P2 Virtual Repository feature is completely unusable for us.