When the database is configured to run on a remote server and Artifactory is configured with the fullDB mode and enabling the quota in the maintenance then you can not deploy artifacts.
Steps to reproduce:
1. I have on a remote server a mysql database (this is a docker machine).
2. Changed in the storage.properties to use fullDB.
3. Started Artifactory and tried to deploy artifacts. The deployment was successful.
4. In the Admin --> Storage you can see in the File Store section the the total space, used space and free space are 0 bytes (N/A) (Image attached).
5. I've enabled the quota in the maintenance to the default params (95 and 85 percents).
6. Tried to deploy again. Not working. In the logs:
2015-12-16 23:50:05,304 [http-nio-8081-exec-6] [ERROR] (o.a.r.s.RepositoryServiceImpl:1626) - Datastore disk space is too high: Max limit: 95%, Used: 2147483647%, Total: 0 bytes, Used: 302 bytes, Available: 0 bytes
2015-12-16 23:50:05,304 [http-nio-8081-exec-6] [WARN ] (o.a.r.ArtifactoryResponseBase:105) - Sending HTTP error code 413: Datastore disk usage is too high. Contact your Artifactory administrator to add additional storage space or change the disk quota limits.
2015-12-16 23:50:05,305 [http-nio-8081-exec-6] [ERROR] (o.a.u.r.s.a.d.ArtifactDeployService:92) - org.artifactory.api.repo.exception.RepoRejectException: Cannot deploy file 'pck-2.tar.gz'. Datastore disk usage is too high. Contact your Artifactory administrator to add additional storage space or change the disk quota limits.
7. Shutdown Artifactory and added the binary.provider.filesystem.
8. Started Artifactory and tried to deploy again. Same result. Could not deploy because of the limit.
9. Disabled the Quota limitation and the deployment works again.
When I configure Artifactory to work with local mysql database then the File Store shows the right values taking from my machine.