If you wish to create simple users that will be granted permissions to specific repositories that they will manage, follow the following steps:
- Create your new user:
- 'Admin'-tab → Security → Users → New
- Follow the user-creation dialogue
- Using the UI, navigate to 'Admin'-tab → Security → Permissions
- Either click on the "New" button to create a new Permission-Target, or select an existing Permission-Target and click "Edit".
- In the dialogue that appears, select the repository or repositories of interest that you wish your user to manage, and move them into the 'Selected Repositories' section. You will most likely need to uncheck the 'Any Local Repositories' and 'Any Remote Repositories' check-boxes.
- Select the 'Users'-tab.
- Select 'Manage' for the user that will be responsible for the repository. This will be the user that you just created, most likely... This will automatically select/check all of the other permissions for this user as well. (You can, of course, uncheck individual permissions, if you need to do so for some reason.)
This user will only have permissions to manage the selected repository/repositories