Currently, we do not encrypt the storage properties file itself, although we do have a feature request for that.
We do have a way to support the use of an encrypted password inside of the storage.properties file:
- Use Artifactory to encrypt the password in another location (e.g. remote repository configuration)
- Copy the encrypted password to the storage.properties file
- Remove the encrypted password from the remote repository configuration.
The specific steps are:
- Using the UI navigate to ‘Admin’ tab -> ‘Security’ -> ‘General’
- Click on the ‘Encrypt’ button to Configure your Artifactory to encrypt all passwords.
- Go to one of your remote repositories’ configuration-screen
- ‘Admin’ tab -> ‘Configuration’ -> ‘Repositories’ -> right click on a remote-repository -> ‘Edit’ -> ‘Advanced Settings’ tab
- ‘Admin’ tab -> ‘Advanced’ -> ‘Config Descriptor’
- Usually, you will add a line to storage.properties that looks like ‘password=AM5Q7cX3yWxwjhtCrk2nMuBczNY‘, or similar